Honda Safety is State of the Art
The Honda brand has a reputation for affordability, fuel economy, dependability, and has recently been paving the way as far as standard features are concerned. However, we at Bosak Honda Highland are most proud of our Honda vehicles’ reputation for safety.
Setting a Standard for Safety
You may be able to remember a time when airbags were a new safety feature, perhaps even when drivers had to install their own seat belts, but we have come a long way since then. In fact, Honda has helped to push the envelope when it comes to car safety, and today you can find features like these standard on new Honda vehicles:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure: From the frame to the finish, each Honda is built for safety. The ACE body structure is designed to redirect the energy from an accident, sending it away from occupants of the vehicle.
- Dual-Stage Multi-Threshold Airbags: These airbags are made to deploy with the right force for a given passenger to help reduce the risk of airbag-related injuries.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (with Electronic Brake Force Distribution): Honda vehicles’ brakes are designed to adjust stopping power based on the vehicle occupancy and keep from locking up when on slick terrain.
- Rearview Camera: Standard on the Honda lineup, the rearview camera features guidelines and gives you a clear view of what’s behind you before you back up.
These are just some of Honda’s standard safety features, but they are far from all that’s available on new Honda models.
Honda Sensing Technology
Honda has developed a new suite of safety features called Honda Sensing, and they have made these available on select models:
- Collision Mitigation Braking: Wouldn’t it be great if your Honda could stop for you? When a vehicle with this system detects that a collision is imminent, it can automatically apply the brakes to help avoid an accident.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Thanks to built-in cameras and radar sensors, adaptive cruise control can adjust your set speed to continue cruising with the flow of traffic even if other drivers speed up or slow down.
- Lane Departure Warning: If you aren’t paying attention to the road and start to drift from your lane, the Honda vehicle can let you know with a warning.
- Lane Keeping Assist: This Honda safety feature does just what it says, helping to ensure that your car stays in its lane if you start to drift.
Honda Leads in Safety
If you want to see the standard and available Honda safety features, just contact Bosak Honda Highland for a test drive of one of our new models.