Schedules for Servicing Your Vehicle
Do you know the right schedule for servicing your vehicle? Many drivers know that they should have their oil changed about every 3 months or 3,000 miles, but what about other important auto maintenance markers? More importantly, why do you even need to have your car serviced at all? Bosak Honda Highland is here with the answers.
How Often Do I Need My Vehicle Serviced?
There’s no hard and fast rule that you need to have your car serviced on a fixed interval, the truth is that the different services have different maintenance schedules, so here’s a quick rundown of what we suggest for our drivers at Bosak Honda Highland:
- Oil Changes: 3 months/3,000 miles
- Tire Rotations: 5,000 miles
- Coolant: 12 months/12,000 miles
- Air Filter Replacement: 15,000 miles
- Inspect/Replace the Battery: 35,000 miles (or as needed)
- Replace Spark Plugs & Wires: 40,000 miles
In addition to these, we suggest that if you’re going to do your own auto work you always inspect elements of your vehicle like the battery and cables, belts, brakes, hoses, engine air filter, and transmission fluid whenever you get up under the hood—or at least every oil change.
Why Do I Need Regular Service?
The most common questions we get at our service center are “why do I need to change my oil?” and “why do I need to rotate my tires?”, so we thought we would answer them both for you:
- Your oil needs changing because it eventually breaks down due to age and use and stops lubricating your engine as well as it could. This can lead to overheating, scoring, and warping of expensive engine parts.
- Your tires don’t technically need rotating, but if you want to get the full mileage out of them and avoid blowouts due to uneven wear, you’ll want to have them rotated.
As a bonus answer, you should have regular service performed on your vehicle to have a professional give your vehicle a once over and make sure nothing is out of order.
Schedule Auto Service Now
Did you know that you can schedule your service appointment online at Bosak Honda Highland? Our service center is open six days a week, and you can schedule your visit online 24/7, at your convenience. Don’t delay auto care one second longer.